CIPET, Bhubaneswar was established in 1986. The activity of the center is divided as academic and technology-support services. The activities are being executed through various Departments like Design, CAD/CAM/CAE, Tool Room, Inspection, Plastic Processing, Plastic Testing and Training. CIPET, Bhubaneswar has a track record of best performance centre consistently for last few years and rated to be the best centre. This centre has the following specific achievement in the various area of Academic and Technical services.
Accreditation and Quality Management System
• The first laboratory in the country to be accredited by NABL, Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt. of. India, for performing Mechanical and Chemical Tests on raw material and plastics products.
• ISO 9001: 2008 QMS certification by BVQI for its Technical and Training services.
• Recognition by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) for the Testing and evaluation of plastics materials and products.
Academic and Research Programs
• AICTE approval for conducting M.Tech, B. Tech, Post Diploma and Diploma programs in the field of Plastics Engineering and Technology.
• Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT) and Utkal University, Bhubaneswar has approved to conduct Research Programs leading to Ph. D degree.
• 06 candidates have been awarded Ph. D Degree in the field of polymer and allied material.
• Recognized by various Government Organizations like DST, DRDO, and ISRO etc to carry out Research and Development Projects.
• CIPET, Bhubaneswar is identified as one among few training centers in the country by NABL for conducting training programs on “Quality Management System and Internal Audit on ISO/IEC 17025: 2005” and laboratory assessor training programme