Tag:AIIMS Bhubaneswar,Medical colleges in odisha, medical colleges in bhubaneswar
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar is one of the apex healthcare Institutes established by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojna (PMSSY). Under this scheme six new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences have been established at Patna, Raipur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jaipur and Rishikesh apart from the one at New Delhi.
In his Independence Day Speech on August 15, 2003, then prime minister Atal Bihari Vajapayee announced opening up of 6 AIIMS Hospitals at Patna, Raipur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jaipur and Rishikesh under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) launched for up gradation of medicare facilities in underserved areas of the country besides providing quality medical education in super-specialty disciplines in these areas.
The foundation stone of this institute in Bhubaneswar was laid by then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajapayee on July 15, 2003.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar was established as autonomous institution and institute of National importance through the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Ordinance passed on 16th July, 2012.
Mission & Vision Statement:
To establish a centre of excellence in medical education, training, health care and research imbued with scientific culture, compassion for the sick and commitment to serve the underserved.
Objectives of the Institute
To develop patterns of teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of medical education to all medical colleges and other allied institutions in India;
To bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity; and
To attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate medical education.
Functions of the Institute
- Provide for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in the science of modern medicine and other allied sciences, including physical and biological sciences.
- Provide facilities for research in the various branches of such sciences.
- Provide for the teaching of humanities in the undergraduate courses.
- Conduct experiments in new methods of medical education, both undergraduate and postgraduate, in order to arrive at satisfactory standards of such education.
- Prescribe courses and curricula for both undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
- Train teachers for the different medical colleges in India.
- Establish and maintain a dental college.
- Establish and maintain a nursing college.
- Establish and maintain rural and urban health organisations which will form centers for the field training of the medical, dental and nursing students of the Institute as well as for research into community health problems.
- Establish and maintain a other Institutions for the training of different types of health workers, such as physiotherapists, occupational therapists and medical technicians of various kinds
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery Medicine in General
Category Medicince and Surgery
Mode Full Time
Duration 5½ Years
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Hons.)
Mode Full Time
Duration 4 Years
College of Nursing: Nursing is a unique profession whose primary focus is carrying the sick and managing the preventive, promotive and rehabilitative health needs of clients. Nursing is growing with current trends and technologies in health care system. To-day, nursing is also influenced by consumers awareness, patient rights and health care cost. The turbulent swirl of change within this country’s health care industry has provided challenges and opportunities for nursing. Competent nurses are in demand all over the world. The graduate nurses from college of nursing, AIIMS, Bhubaneswar will be a part of this global phenomenon.
The College of Nursing, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar has been established in the Year 2013 under the Pradhan Mantri Swastya Surakha Yojana (PMSSY) with the primary objective of correcting the imbalances in availability of affordable and reliable tertiary level healthcare in the country in general and to provide facilities for quality medical and nursing education in the underserved states. The admission process was started in 2013. The first batch of 60 B.Sc (Hons) nursing students was admitted in month of July 2013 through All India entrance test conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi and academic activities began on September 2013.
Phone: (0674) 2476789
AIIMS Hospital OPD help desk: (0674) 2476789
The Help desk telephone number is available from 08:00 -13:30 & 14:00 – 16:00 on working Monday to Friday, and from 08:00 -13:30 on working Saturdays.