The Sambalpur University Courses – it offers at Jyoti Vihar provides Post-Graduate education in Twenty-seven subjects through Twenty Post-Graduate Departments. The University Post-Graduate Teaching Departments with their year of establishment in chronological order include
- Anthropology (1976/1991),
- Business Administration (1989),
- Centre of Regional Art and Culture Studies (DSS) (1997)
- Chemistry (1969)
- Computer Science & Application (PGDCA) (1989)
- Earth Science (1984)
- Economics (1971)
- English (1969)
- Environmental Science (1989)
- History (1969)
- Home Science (1976)
- Law (L.L.M.) (1986)
- Library & Information Science (1976)
- Mathematics (1969)
- Oriya (1968)
- Physics (1969)
- Political Science & Public Administration (1968)
- School of Life Sciences (1969)
- Sociology (1976/1991)
- Statistics (1976)
In addition to the above, M.Sc. Electronics Course (1996) is continuing under Physics Department. Apart from these, the University offers, the following self financing courses.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science (2001)
- M.Sc. in Bio-Technology (2002)
- M.C.A. (2002) under Self-Financing Courses.
- Executive M.B.A. (2004)
- P.G. Diploma in Business Economics. (2005)
- Master of Population Studies (2004)
- Master of Social Work (2007)
The University Post-Graduate Departments offer one-year study Programme for M.Phil Degree, two years study programme for the Degrees of M.A. / M.Sc. / LL.M. / Business Administration / M.Lib & Inf. Science, One-Year P.G. Diploma Course in Computer Science & Application and Diploma Course in Sambalpuri Studies and Three-Year course in M.C.A. and Executive M.B.A.
The P.G.Departments of Chemistry, Life Sciences, History, Economics, Library & Information Sciences and Mathematics have been conferred Autonomous Status by the University. They adopt Semester system based on continuous evaluation. They adopt their own courses of studies.
Further information visit the site below
Back to Mainpage
Tag:Biju Patnaik University of Technology – BPUT,engineering colleges in odisha, MBA colleges in odisha, technology colleges in odisha
The Biju Patnaik University of Technology – BPUT, Orissa, with its head-quarters in Rourkela came into being in November 2002 through an act of the Government. The main objective of instituting the University was to ensure a high quality of students coming out of the technical colleges through a common curriculum and uniform evaluation. Today, the University has 110 colleges, both constituent and affiliated, with around 58,000 students. The disciplines include engineering and architecture, business management and hotel management, computer studies and pharmacy. Several of these offer both undergraduate and post graduate studies.
- Providing the affiliated and constituent institutions with state-of art curricula and syllabi.
- Preparing world class course material packages for students of the university.
- Establishing a rational, efficient and transparent system of examination, evaluation and publication of results.
- Providing quality input (both for developing domain knowledge and soft skill) to students through combination lecture, print and electronic media.
- Imparting training for the teachers.
- Providing career development of faculty through Master’s and Ph.D programmes.
- Offering facilities for research in frontier areas through a number of Advanced Centres
Courses: B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Pharm, M.Tech, M.Pharm, M.Arch, MBA, MCA,Ph.d Programme, Teacher Training Programme
The Fakir Mohan University, Vyasa Vihar, Balasore was established by the Government of Orissa, under Section 32 of the Orissa Universities Act, 1989 (Act 5 of 1989) and it was notified vide the Government’s Notification No. 973 dated 3rd July, 1999. The University has also been duly recognized by the UGC under section 2(f) of the UGC Act by the Notification No. F-9-1 / 2000 (CPP-I), dated 11th February 2000 as well as under section 12(B), vide UGC letter No. F.9-1 /2000 (CPP-I) dated 23rd December, 2005. It has also been accredited by the Association of Indian Universities, vide their letter No. Meet: SC: 261:2K/108693, dated 22nd August, 2000. The University is functioning from its present campus at Vyasa Vihar. New campus at Nuapadhi has already started functioning. All the P.G. Departments of the University are computer based. Automation of the office and the library is going to be completed soon.
Special Distinctions of the University
Non-negotiable academic calendar and timely publication of results.
Up to date in distribution of Degrees and Certificates.
All PG Departments are computer based.
All students are covered under Health insurance.
Basic Mathematics and Reasoning are imparted to all PG students to Equip them in employment market.
Personality Development Programs including Campus interviews are undertaken for the students.
P.G Departments Courses Offered Number of Seats
Bio-Science & Bio-Technology
Business Management M.B.A.
Environmental Sciences M. Sc
Information & Communication Technology
MCA, M.Sc ( IT )
Population Studies M.A.
Applied Physics & Ballistics M. Sc ( Applied Physics & Ballistics )
M.A. in Pol Science, M.A. in Economics,M.A. in Sociology
Contact: Fakir Mohan University, Balasore,Odisha